Friday, January 21, 2011

Weight Loss Tips....

Hey Guys!
  I am going to post a few weight loss tips that have worked for me.  Now everyone is different, so what works for me might not work for you.  Example:  I tried Weight Watchers several years ago!  It done absolutely nothing for me!  I know it has worked for tons of people. Just didn't work for me.
  Some of these tips are really common sense type stuff.
  Here we go...

1. You have to have the right frame of mind.  You have got to want it 110% and be fully committed to it 210%.
2. You have to have some kind of support.  Or at least it helps GREATLY!  A spouse, children, family, friends, just anyone that you are close to that will help keep you in check.
3. Create an atmosphere that will allow you success in your weight loss journey. Examples of this are: Surrounding yourself with people who support you.  Get rid of the Junk food, soda, chips….etc.
4. Plan out your meals and snacks.
5. Track those meals and snacks or journal what you eat.  I keep track of my food intake at Sparkpeople.com.  I also know of Loseit.com. If you become a member of spark people my user id is fit-fat!
6. Water, Water, Water!  I do believe getting in enough water throughout the day is one of the  most important tasks in loosing weight.  Shoot for drinking 8-8ounce glasses of water.  I try to drink 13-8 ounce glasses a day.
7. Drink a 8 ounce glass of water 30 minutes before eating a meal.  Two would be better.  But one does it’s job too.  Water fills you up and makes you fill fuller faster!  Bonus-Water has no calories!
8. Do NOT skip breakfast!  Try to eat at least 30 minutes after waking up. At the latest one hour.
9. Don’t deprive yourself-Let yourself enjoy an occasional treat. And also get plenty of variety in your meals; it helps to curb cravings.
10.  Sleep, sleep, sleep.  Getting adequate sleep is beneficial for weight loss.
11. Get up and MOVE!!!!!  You don’t have to have any exercise equipment to lose weight.  Walk! Do jumping jacks, jump rope!  Do anything just move!
12. Spend some time reading food labels!  The more you know about the food you eat.  The better health you will have.
13. Set mini-Goals.  If you have a lot of weight to lose.  Setting mini-goals will keep you focused and motivated.  This is a must if you have a lot of weight to shed!  I set 10, 15 and 20 pound mini-goals for my-self.
14. Set your overall goal!  My overall goal is to lose 132 pounds!
15.  Reward!!!  Reward yourself when you hit those mini-goals and that overall goal.    And try to keep food out of the “rewards”.  My rewards have been work out dvd’s, make up, nail polish, a new handbag.  I do set a spending limit of $20 on my rewards.
And finally, we all lose our way when trying to lose weight.  We all have bad eating days and might gain some weight back.  Take a deep breathe and don’t dwell on it.  Just eat right for the next meal or day; whichever the case may be.
Have a wonderful day everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment